We woke up to Dover UK this morning. To yet another fine weather day. We left the ship at about ten o'clock for a two hour ride into London.
Our driver took us all around the city to see such places as Big Ben, the Parliament buildings, the Thames river and so forth. We had lunch at a pub called The Minories located very near Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. We had a fine lunch of fish and chips (finally.)
After lunch, we had time to walk around the Tower of London and along the Thames river by the Tower Bridge. It was very crowded with people from all over the world, but the weather was fantastic.
We returned to the ship by about 4:30. After exiting the motor coach, I'm getting halfway to my stateroom I realized I had left my phone on the bus.
After much scurrying around by the staff at the Dover cruise terminal, they finally managed to reach the bus driver. A few hours later, I was notified by email that he had in fact found my phone. Of course, by then, the ship had already left the dock on its way to Rotterdam.
It remains to be seen if I get my phone back, but at least I know where it is. In the meantime, we will make do with Sam's phone, so it should not be a huge issue.
P.S. My phone arrived by mail 3 weeks later! Thanks to the lady at DJ Coaches!












.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment